Web services interfaces – Terms and Conditions
Date 06 Dec 2013
Publication intent EXTERNAL DOCUMENT
This document sets out the terms and conditions for the use of the Webservice(s) which is provided by the Chief Executive of Skills Funding (the Chief Executive).
Webservices are a method of integrating web based applications over the internet where data, processes and functionality can be shared through interfaces. Web services are not attached to a user.
Terms and Conditions
- When using the service, you are liable for all and any telephone and access charges incurred in accessing and using the Webservice(s) where such charges are levied by your telephone, broadband or internet service provider.
- The Webservice(s) shall be used in accordance with all laws, regulations or codes of conduct (including self regulatory) applicable to the use of the internet or electronic communications and you agree to be solely responsible for your use of the Webservice(s).
- By accessing and using the Webservice(s) you agree not to:
- Use or permit the use of the Webservice(s) for any illegal purpose.
- Damage, interfere with or disrupt access to the Webservice(s) or do anything that may interrupt or impair their functionality.
- Make or derive any commercial use or benefit from any part of the Webservice(s).
- Use the Service in such a manner as would bring the Chief Executive, his organisation and/or business into disrepute.
- Obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access, through whatever means, to the Webservice(s), other services or computer systems or areas of the Chief Executive's networks.
- Make available, upload or distribute by any means any material or files that contain any viruses, bugs, corrupt data, spyware, cookies, "Trojan horses", "worms" or any other harmful software in connection with your use of the Webservice(s).
- Use the Webservice(s) in any way to send unsolicited (commercial or otherwise) e-mail (spamming) or any material for marketing or publicity purposes.
- Imply any endorsement by the Chief Executive of sites who are broadcasting information or using the Webservice(s).
- Although the Chief Executive endeavors to ensure that all published material is accurate, timely and updated regularly, he shall not be liable for any inaccuracies and/or omissions in any information or materials provided, nor any interruption or delay to the accessibility of the site.
- Users of the Webservice(s) must not divulge the username(s) or password(s) assigned to their organisation to people who are not employees or volunteers or agents of their organisation.
- Registered users of the Webservice will be able to download a technical document detailing how to set up the webservice.
- The technical document must not be divulged to people who are not employees or volunteers or agents of their organisation.
- As the Webservice(s) is provided by means of website and telecommunication systems (including servers, local loop network providers, and other connectivity arrangements over which the Chief Executive has no control) you acknowledge that:
- The Webservice(s) cannot be operated in all circumstances without error (including without limitation errors in any software used to provide the Webservice(s), the information, the sites and telecommunications links) and the Chief Executive shall be under no liability for the consequences arising from any such error or the reliance by you upon the Webservice(s).
- All data, documentation, source or object code or other information of any kind whatsoever which the Chief Executive may have imparted and may from time to time impart to you relating to the Webservice(s), remains his property and shall also remain confidential.
- Information submitted by you will be treated as confidential, except as may be required to be passed on to the relevant government department.
- You acknowledge and accept that Webservice(s) involve transmissions over the Internet and that such transmissions are therefore subject to the Internet's inherent risks.
- You acknowledge and accept that, as with any network, you may be exposed to:
- unauthorised invasions of privacy during, or as a result of, using the Webservice(s) system-threatening viruses and other unauthorised and invasive programs transmitted by third parties
- unauthorised dissemination and publication to others of information and material originally sent only to selected recipients on or through the Webservice(s) and/or the Site(s)eavesdropping and electronic trespassing
- fraud and forgery; and/or
- the failure of information and data to reach their intended destinations and/or erroneous receipt or misdirection of such information.
- Although, the Chief Executive's and our suppliers' privacy and security features are designed to reduce these risks, we cannot guarantee their elimination. It is your responsibility to ensure that your systems protect against the events listed above and otherwise comply with good industry practice. You also acknowledge that no transmission via the Webservice(s) shall be deemed totally confidential and that the Chief Executive shall not be liable for any breach of confidence arising as a result of such event.
- If your use of the Webservice(s) interferes with the Chief Executive's ability to provide theWebservice(s) to you or our other users, he may suspend provision of the Webservice(s) to you until such interference has ended. We shall then as soon as reasonably practicable resume provision of the Webservice(s).
- Save in respect of death or personal injury resulting from his negligence the Chief Executive is not liable for any loss you suffer including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss, or any damages arising from loss of use, goodwill, data or profits, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with use of the Webservice(s).
- Av Live collects basic information in order to produce usage data which can be used to monitor those sites that choose to host the API and measure the overall reach of the service. In order to comply with relevant legislation, as a user of Av Live you must agree to the terms and conditions laid out below:
- By using our site, you accept that data from your visit will be gathered and stored in our databases. By data we mean all data captured in tracking logs. Tracking logs will be used to produce usage statistics. This information does not contain any personally identifiable information.
- The National Apprenticeship Service (NAS) reserves the right to have logs and databases analysed by external service providers, in which case every effort will be made to protect the security, integrity and privacy of the data.
- In addition, our website uses Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc., of Mountain View, CA 94043, U.S.A. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", small text files that are stored on your computer and enable an analysis of your use of the website.
- The information generated by the cookie about your use of our website (such as when you visited the website, the referrer URL, details on the configuration of your operating system, your browser and your access provider) are generally transmitted to, and stored on, a server of Google located in the U.S.A. Google will use the information on our behalf to analyze your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide us with additional services related to the use of the website as well as Internet use.
- The IP address collected within the framework of Google Analytics will not be combined with other Google data.
- You can use your browser settings to prevent the acceptance and storage of new cookies. Should you specifically disagree with the analysis of your use of our website through Google Analytics you can also deactivate Google Analytics and thus declare your objection to the collection and processing of the respective data. To do this, please download and install the browser plugin that Google provides for this purpose. The plugin is available at: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
- Once the plugin has been installed, it will prevent the recollection of the data related to your use of our website that has been generated by the cookie (including your IP address).
- We will maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of your personal data.
- We do not share personal data with other companies for marketing or any other purposes.